Javítócsomag leírása angolul:
(A teljes leírása pdf formátumban megtalálható a patchel egybecsomagolva.)
New Menu Map
- Board of the original menu map? Well, even if not, a new one is included to shamelessly promote RWS products. If you have the free release of MP, you will have already seen this.
- In this game type all players start off as infidels in search for the bomb jacket. When a player collects the jacket, he is on a jihad and must kill as many infidels as he can before he himself is killed. Only those on a jihad can score points. Infidels can not kill each other or will be punished. The player with the bomb jacket can also blow himself up, getting points for anyone he kills in close range.
- Postal arena uses its own maps to place two players in a one on one battle, and 3 maps are included. Spectators can watch from the sideline until it is their turn to fight. Winner stays on.
King of the hill
- Each map has at least one hill spot mark by a floating RWS sign. Enter the ‘hill zone’ to start gaining points, and make sure you keep everyone else out! You only gain points from being inside the hill, not from frags.
- Airmail is an original postal 2 gametype that places powerup packages thought out the map. They range from boots that make you jump higher to Mario style invincibility. Some powerups are activated, some work automatically. By far the most impressive and popular postal 2 mod/gametype ever, well I say gametype, but it really a mutator so it’s possible to add the Airmail powerups to ALL of postals gametypes, including snatch!
- The Sledge hammer from Apocalypse weekend now available in Share the pain and included in all the maps. Map makers can also place it in the maps with this patch installed. The alt fires works too, so be prepared to kick away a flying sledge coming your way!
- The unholy grenade is primarily for the jihad gametype, but can be placed in maps or used with 1409X’s weapon replacers in other gametypes. Black in color, it bounces more then a normal grenade and has a MUCH larger blast radius. If you see one of these coming be sure to run!
- There are new maps for the arena gametype, and a new snatch map called Bank Run and a deathmatch variant called Bank Brawl, adapted from the single player campaign based on community feedback.
- One of the most notable new features in this patch is the voting. As an admin, You can select what maps, mutators and gametypes will be available for voting at the end of a game. It’s also possible for someone to ‘rock the vote’ from their main menu during the game. (Enabled by default, use Postal2.ini to configure and disable)
- With this mod enabled, it will broadcast sounds to everyone based on ‘trigger words’ that players type. For example, if someone says ‘hi’ it will play a Gary Colman voice clip of him saying ‘hi’. Admins can also add their own sound packages to make for some really interesting zounds, as well as altering the trigger word for each one. (Enabled by default, use Postal2.ini to configure and enable)
- Popular but controversial mod that changes the way the hit detection works on servers for some weapons. It registers a hit client side, not server side, so if a player is in your cross hairs when you shoot, you will get the hit even if both your pings are above average. It changes the way the game plays and some players do not like it, but over all most players favor a ZP server. It’s possible for the admin to disable it altogether or select what bullet weapons use it. Further more, players can turn it off in their menu screens if they would rather play without their end. (Enabled by default, use Postal2.ini to configure and disable) Protects player from damage for a set amount of time, with a bunch of yellowdots around them to show they are being protected. (Default 2 seconds). It does NOT protect bots. (Enabled by default, use Postal2.ini to configure and disable)
- Players can now press Y, U or I to do a third person taunt for a bit of fun. No first person animation is played for taunts. (Disabled by default, usePostal2.ini to configure and enable)
- It is now possible for server admins to enable the ‘boost jump’, as found in games like unreal. Hit the jump button at the peak of your jump to gain extra height. Great for low gravity game types or just to add a little more playability to a server. (Set very low by default, usePostal2.ini to configure) More characters and teams to pick from! ATF Agent, Bandmembers, Book Protestors ,Cock Asian Guy, Suicide Bomber, Homosexual, Protestors, Zealots, Krotchy. It’s also possible to change it or add your own characters to the roster! (see Postal2.ini to configure)
Other features players will notice:
- Bots are now random, so you will not be fighting the same bots each match
- If the player has not selected a Character to play with, the servers will automatically assign one randomly. This is to stop an ‘attack of the dudes’ situation where everyone is the default dude character.
- Shows an icon above a player's head when they are typing
- Adds more unreal style kill announcers. Hear Vince scream ‘killing spree’ ect as you rack up the kills.
- Message of the Day screen that informs you more about the server you are playing on.
New editor features!
There are a bunch of new features for map editors to take advantage off, such as
a special trigger that lets the level designer change the player's view
when the player activates the trigger (security camera effect), The ability to
change a pick ups appearance with a new model, Prop breakables (like
exploding cars) that now work in MP, and many more things good for both single
Admin features and options
For server Admins, it’s possible to tweak many aspects for the game. Anything in
Green is new to 1409X since Xadmin 202 and other included mods.
Click the relevant text below to take you to the admin help section showing you
where you can configure these options within the Postal2.ini.
- Enable/Disable suicides on servers.
- Enable/Disable the homing rockets
- Enable/Disable the player’s ability to crotch while in mid air (known as the Cjump)
- Enable/Disable Taunts on servers
- Enable and configure a jump boost for when the player presses space at the peak of a jump.
- Admin messages that display during a match in the players chat console. The time of message and delay between each one is configurable
- Chat spam filter that can be configured to stop players spamming the console
- Can now ban more then 50 ips, and also define the range of the bans from the postal2.ini.
- No Clipping Mode for spectators -- walk through walls, etc.
- Can now disable the ‘death strings’ so that players do not have to see who has killed everyone in the console.
- Alter the pickup and weapon placements, or remove/swap them, as well as change players starting weapons. You can add other custom weapon mods in this way too. You can also select and ‘alt’ replacer, so the server will pick from two different weapon or powerups when replacing, meaning you can double the amount of weapons available to a player on any given map.
- In game commands – kill, teleport or rename (among other functions) players on the server. New to 1409X, these also work in the webadmin too.
- Change the speed of the players movement, the height of the jump ect.
- Damage modifiers let you configure the power of each weapons damage on players.
- Alter the amount of ammo a player can hold for each weapon.
- Increase or decrease players default health.
- The ability to rename bots, and stop them using certain weapons.
- Message of the day Display a message to those that join your server, also allows a custom logo to be shown.
- Logs chat files and IPs of those that join the server, and admin logins.
- More selectable characters and configuration: you can alter the roster as you please from the default mp players and some newly added ones.
- Configure the time it takes for dropped weapons to despair (default 60 secs).
- Server can now list more then the 33 maps.
- Ban players by name. Default names banned include "Player" and "Admin".
- Can now run up to a 32 player server (if you have the bandwidth and serious cpu power).