A frissítés tartalma:
This is the Quake v1.01 to v1.06 patch. It will upgrade Shareware users as
well as Registered users.
- Unzip the file 'q101-106.zip' to your \quake directory, and answer
yes to overwrite the files.
- Run the file 'patch.exe' from your Quake directory, which will alter
your \quake\id1\pak0.pak file.
- Deathmatch until the wee hours of the morning. That's it.
- Increased the number of edges, so walls don't vanish in E1M8 when viewing
the walls from certain angles in high resolutions.
- Locking the NULL pointer protection page should no longer prevent Quake
from running under CWSDPMI r3 and 386MAX.
- Video mode corruption was reported and Quake would exit if
'_vid_default_mode' in config.cfg was not a valid video mode. Quake now
defaults to 320x200 if an invalid default video mode is listed. (This was
usually the result of switching from UniVBE 5.2 to 5.3, which supports
fewer modes than 5.2).
- 'Working_size' was not being pre-adjusted up by 64K in the memory
allocation loop. This may provide 64K more memory on some systems.
- The crosshair variable is now saved in config.cfg.
- If you already have cell ammo of 100, you can't pick up more cell ammo.
- If you discharged the thunderbolt in the water your cells are no longer
dropped with your backpack. (Reason: By discharging in the water, your
cells should be fully depleted.) Only wussies do this as a paniced, last
ditch effort anyway, unless they have the Pentagram of Protection, so this
really shouldn't affect you anyway :)
- Added support for input devices (i.e. Spaceball and Assassin).
- Crosshair is drawn at the correct location if you are underwater in high
resolution video modes.
- Spaces were being added to key bindings when reading in the config.cfg,
and where then written back out to the config.cfg. This caused the bindings
to keep growing until it eventually caused a crash.
- Binding to ";" is now written to config.cfg properly.
- Unbound keys are no longer written to config.cfg.
- Fixed the axe's aiming. It wasn't always correct causing false hits and
- Added cycle weapon backwards (impulse 12).
- Picking up a weapon in a backpack uses the same rules as picking up
a weapon any other time.
- Fixed a lot of the obituaries. Many deaths were getting inappropraite
messages. There are still a few errors that can occur when reporting
- The lightning gun is never considered your best weapon when you are
- You can now bind the semicolon from the menu.
- CD audio volume doesn't act oddly with certain drives.
- Timedemo was not showing the timings at the end.
- Made not being able to write a PCX file a warning instead of a
- Notify what weapon picked up in backpack in addition to ammo.
- New GUS code: supports GUS Classic & fixed playback rate.
- Made the size of the zone a command line parameter. You specify -zone
followed by a size in KB. The default is 48.
- Corrected a problem where discharging the lightning gun in water
would sometimes leave you in a 'zombie' state. You would be dead, but
unable to respawn or restart.
SINGLE PLAYER CHANGES
- Well, just two lonely single player fixes:
- You no longer can kill Shub the wrong way, which would cause Quake to
- No longer prints "player exited the level" in single player.
MULTI-PLAYER / SERVER CHANGES
- The following multi-player and server problems were fixed:
- Player-names with spaces were listed as "unconnected" on the server.
- 'Mod_NumForName:not found' when connecting to a server.
- The server was getting stuck on the Start Level when the 'noexit 1' was
set. The following changes/additions have been made:
a. Now, 'timelimit' and/or 'fraglimit' must be set, when 'noexit' is
set to '1', or there is no way to exit the level. The server will run
through all four episodes (shareware will only play episode 1). The End
Level is not included, since it's not a very good Deathmatch level.
b. There is now 'noexit 2'. This WILL allow any player to exit the
Start level, but no one can exit any other level. You must have
'fraglimit' and/or 'timelimit' set to use 'noexit 2' also. Essentially
this allows the players to choose an episode, but once the first level of
that episode starts, they can't exit levels until the 'fraglimit' or
'timelimit' is reached.
- End Level in Deathmatch will now advance to Start Level, once the
'timelimit' or 'fraglimit' is reached.
- If a player is dead during a level change, they no longer keep their
weapons/ammo, when the next level is started, they start with nothing.
- Having a percent sign in a chat message will no longer page fault
the server you are connected to.
- Player's cell ammo is not carried over to the Start Level.
- It is no longer possible to 'kill' secret doors. Previously this
would cause the server to crash with a 'host_error'.
- Added IPX support to Winded (Win32 Dedicated Server).
- Ranking screen is centered in high resolution modes now.
- Game drops to console, instead of crashing, when a net game fails to
load. These failures are generally due to trying to connect to a server
running a level you do not have.
- Added teamplay 2. It differs from teamplay 1 in two ways. You can hurt
teammates (and yourself) and you lose 1 frag for killing a teammate.
- Fixed a hole where a fake client was able to change cvars and execute
Quake console commands on remote servers.
- 'Showscores' works in total full screen now (no menu bar at all).
- Doing 'restart' or 'edict' when a server isn't running does not crash.
- Fixed a lockup when multiplayer was selected, but there were no
- Spawn and respawn telefrags:
a. When spawning (or respawning) it will now search and find any open
start spot, not just blindly go to the next one.
b. You will only telefrag somebody if every single spot is occupied,
in which case the last person in gets whacked. This keeps you from
getting right back into the rolling telefrags at the start of a level
and gives the first players in a chance to get off of the spots.
C. Teleporter telefrags have not been changed.
- Added 'kick' by number (similar to painting by number, only much more
fun) so people with "funny" names can be removed from the server easily.
(Bane inadvertently assisted in testing this one ;-)
Usage: "kick #", get by using the 'status'command.
- After selecting a game in the 'Search for local games' list, that is
full, Quake no longer drops back to the console, it remains on the local
games list screen.
- The modem code as been tweaked, so modem to modem play should work
- 'Port number' works now, without having to run 'Quake -udpport #'.
a. 'Port number' box on the multiplayer/join game menu works.
b. In the multiplayer/join game menu 'connect to' box, you can type
in the IP address followed by the port, separated by a colon.
i.e. '127.0.0.1:26010' (no quotes)
c. From the console you can type "connect 127.0.0.1:26010", WITH THE
QUOTES (otherwise the parser would pick up the colon as a seperator).
- Classic GUS code not initiating properly; works only after running
something that does it right (i.e. a Gravis utility), waiting for Gravis